Wednesday, August 5, 2009

4th of July 2009


Mya announced earlier this year that her favorite holiday was the Fourth of July. Why? I think it's because we start at 6 am and go until 11pm. It's an all day event with family, food and fun.
We started the day out at the balloon festival. We will usually meet my family while there. So we meet up with my mom and dad and Trevor and his family. Doug's parents also decided to come and we meet them there as well. This is also the one time of the year that we always run into our friends the McCanns.
After the balloons we had wanted to go see Holly and Danielle come in from the 5K race but were too late so, we meet all of my family (minus Trisha, Kyle and Tyler and Brooke) for breakfast at Village Inn.
After Village Inn it was off to the parade. The kids all enjoyed the parade, the only draw back was that Kaman, our three year old nephew, decided to take a walk on his own towards the end of the parade so we all split up looking for him. A nice policeman found him and Duane recovered him. That was scary! It got me thinking about what I may need to do for the next 4th of July when I'll have two one year olds (almost 2 year olds) running around. All it takes is for one of them to catch an interest in something in the parade, like Kaman, start following them and then with a huge group of adults, to think one is watching while the other thinks someone else is watching the child. So, I've decided maybe I'll put our cell phone number on the back of their 4th of July shirts that says "If I'm lost call..."


















After the parade we hurried home and got working on lunch. It's become a tradition to have Doug's family over for a BBQ on the 4th of July. We had corn on the cob, salads, chicken tenders and yummy miracle dessert. The kids will usually cool off jumping on the tramp with the sprinklers or, like the twins, jump in the pool.














After our BBQ we went to my sister Holly's for the Thompson family BBQ. Holly lives in Cedar Hills so we ended the day here watching fireworks from their balcony in Pleasant Grove, and surrounding areas. It was a good and exhausting day!

2 comments:

Holly said...

crazy day, I know! And next year I will make sure to put my phone number on the kids. That was a scary 10 minutes.

Anonymous said...

It was a good and exhausting day!



your birth