Friday, September 11, 2009

Payson Lake

The second weekend in August we decided to try camping out with my family. Holly had arranged for all of us to camp up at Payson Lake. My parents and Holly's family stayed up on Thursday night and Trevor and his family and our family joined them on Friday night.
Again we had to pack so much stuff that we didn't have room for everyone in our Expedition. Doug was just fine with that because he had an itch to ride his motorcycle while up the canyon anyway.
I would say that the hardest thing about camping with babies that crawl is that they want down and down would be in the dirt. I just couldn't stand that! They did have lots of people to hold them and take them on walks though. But, by Saturday afternoon I was ready to go home. It had been quite cold the night before and the day hadn't really warmed up either. We all spent most of the day around the campfire.
We enjoyed the fire, good food and bike rides around the lake. It was the first that I had been on a REAL bike for almost two years! It's too bad that we didn't get out on the lake in the canoe while we were there, I think Mya may have, but for the babies it was just too cold. Maybe we can try something like this again next year and hope for warmer weather.

No comments: