Monday, October 20, 2008

Bean Museum

Mya will usually go on a daddy daughter date with Doug once a month but since the twins were born daddy daughter dates haven't happened as much . So, a couple of weeks ago (this is how long it takes me these days to find a minute to myself) Mya and Doug decided it was time to go on a daddy daughter date.


For each date Mya will spend time finding the "right" outfit and maybe even putting on jewelry and perfume. She gets so excited. I can only image what it's going to be like when she starts dating!


So back to a couple of weeks ago--Mya and Doug decided on a plan and were getting ready to go but I got jealous--dates don't happen as often for me either these days--so I asked if I could go. It took MUCH convincing to have Mya allow me and the twins to tag along.


We first went to Golden Corral--Mya loves buffet food. Then we went to the Bean museum. I was surprised, how enjoyable it was, and that it was Mya's idea!


We had a great time looking at all of the displays and at one point we sat down and listened to a discussion on ecosystems. Mya participated. I'm amazed how much she is learning and knows at her age! It's wonderful as a mother to have a daughter that loves to learn and wants to go to the Bean Museum for a date!





lion display


sitting down for the lecture on ecosystems


On the ride home I expressed how much fun we had and asked Mya if it was OK that me and the twins tagged along. Quietly I heard a small noooo! Well, I don't blame her for wanting some one on one time with her dad.


Two days after the Bean Museum date Doug and Mya went to the BYU football game together. Doug let her have cotton candy, hot dogs and popcorn--he's a man that lets his woman have what she wants! 15 minutes after going to bed that night I found myself cleaning up a bed full of throw-up. I think she had a little too much fun on her date!



5 comments:

Holly said...

That's cute. I would have asked to go too. We don't get out much either. Where is the bean museum? I've never heard of it.

Kellie said...

What a fun day at the museum. Your little babies are so cute and you guys seem to be doing so well with them. I love your blog!

Heather said...

The Bean museum is at BYU. I remember going there in Elementary school. If you lived in Utah Valley my guess is that you went in Elementary school too.

Mindy said...

I think daddy-daughter dates are great ideas! I'm glad Mya let you and the twins come along!

Fleming Family said...

I'm still laughing about the cleaning up...having too much fun. I've been there plenty of times. :) What a cute picture of Mya and Preston. And the "nooo" from the back seat is so honest and sweet. I'm glad she was still able to go out with Doug to the game. Sounds like you're settling into the twins routine quite nicely. I'm still just so excited for you guys to have those three wonderful miracles in your lives! You can visit our web site at flemingfamilyfrenzydotblogspotdotcom if you'd like (not sure if you can get there by clicking on my name).