Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Girls Night Out

It was a "girls night out" with the Thompson family sisters, mom and sister-in-laws on Saturday,(Brooke couldn't make it due to the snow--Trevor, my brother, also came, he said he was comfortable with his manhood and would be just fine).

We started off with lunch at PF Changs. It's the best restaurant to go to with a large crowd because you can share. We ended up getting two fixed price menus for two. I think it was the perfect amount of food for 6. We got 4 soups 2 different appetizers (lettuce wraps and seafood wontons) 4 entrees (honey chicken, sweet and sour chicken, cashew chicken and mongolian beef) then it also came with 4 mini desserts!

Next we went to the theatre to see Twilight, which was the reason for the outing in the first place. All of us had either read or listened to the book. My thoughts were that Edward didn't "dress" the part. He and his family have more money than they know what to do with. They have a sister that can see the future, now what do you think their stock portfolio looks like?! He also didn't drive the appropriate car for the part either. And, Edward is supposed to be drop dead gorgeous...I wasn't seeing it. Jacob kinda' grew on me, he's not what I had exactly pictured though. I read today that the actors part as Jacob had not been agreed upon for the next movie, we'll have to see what happens there...

All was well at home when I returned. It was fun to get a day out!

No comments: