Wednesday, December 8, 2010

July Catch-up

Alexa's creativity on her face. I'm so glad she didn't get it on her dress!




The 24th of July Swim Meet was fun. Doug had to be at the Ward breakfast so he couldn't join us but my parents were there and the Howells were there to cheer on Danielle, so we had a good group there for Mya. After Mya's first race she and Danielle went into the pool to practice for the next heat. I don't know that they did a whole lot of practicing. They did some diving and the next thing I knew Mya was screaming and had blood gushing out of her nose and a fat lip. We got that all taken care of before she had to swim again. By the time the relay races came around Mya wanted to go home but I reminded her how well she had done last year in that, so she stayed. Danielle and her were in the same team and they ended up taking FIRST PLACE. Aren't you glad you stayed Mya?



The 24th of July on the the Boat was good up until we decided to go back home, then our boat wouldn't start. Luckily Doug's brother Dave was there at Utah Lake with his boat too so he started towing us back to shore. About 45 minutes into the towing back we were able to get the boat started back up. The wind had picked-up and the swells were larger and it really started to take a toll on me, being about 7 months pregnant. I finally had Doug drop me off at the Provo Harbor while he continued on to the Lindon harbor where our trailer was. We eventually met back up again.

No comments: