Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Gratitude Day 4

1. I am grateful that my husband cooks! He rarely uses a recipe either, some how he just knows how to put the right stuff together. He knows that when he is out of town I may just starve. OK I won't starve but I won't eat the best. I want stuff fast and easy so that might mean macaroni and cheese or a peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, especially when it's just Mya and I eating. With babies I for sure don't have time to cook, even a 30 minute meal. Maybe I could cook it but I wouldn't have time to eat it. Thanks Doug for cooking so I can eat!2. I am grateful for a living Prophet in these latter-days. Many people don't believe that we have a Prophet in these days. And many people didn't believe that a Prophet was on the earth when Noah was the Prophet. I can understand that. President Hinckley died earlier this year and the new Prophet became President Monson. President Monson is a wonderful man but I still needed a personal confirmation that he indeed was a true Prophet. Over this past year to me there seems to be a quiet change in President Monson, it's like the Lord has taken an individual who was good and made him better. President Monson didn't do it by himself. Much like the Atonement works in our life when it comes to repentance. We do our part and then the Lord does his part. I have seen the Lord working with President Monson and I can say that I believe that President Monson IS the living Prophet for the world in these latter-days. I had to seek to receive that answer, it's too bad that more didn't seek to know that answer for themselves when Noah was the Prophet. Knowing that President Monson is a true Prophet brings me peace. 3. I am grateful for disposable diapers. Seems crazy to go right from being grateful for a Prophet to disposable diapers, but hey life without these things would be rough, with twins very very rough, and messy and smelly and require more laundry detergent.






No comments: