Sunday, November 30, 2008

Gratitude Day 19, 20, 21 & 22

I've been so busy over the Thanksgiving Holiday that I haven't had a chance to do my gratitude days. I've saved the best for last and that is my family.
Gratitude Day 19 Doug
1. I am grateful when Doug starts the laundry.
2. I am grateful when Doug takes me out on dates and I can spend one on one time with him.
3. I am grateful that Doug can fix anything (at least that's what he tells Mya). Gratitude Day 20 Mya
When the photographer was going to send us the DVD of the pictures she had taken of our children above she wanted to put it to music. One of the songs that she suggested was "Ordinary Miracle" by Sarah Mclachlan. I couldn't pick that song because for us children are no "ordinary miracle" so...
1. I am grateful for the extraordinary miracle of Mya! Mya came to us after going about trying to have her the "traditional way", 5 artificial inseminations, seeing an iridologist with a colon cleans etc., acupuncture, much vitamin c, and 2 invitro fertilizations. Mya was no ordinary miracle. The embryologist that we used worked in the same office that I worked in so technically when I got pregnant with it was at work while Doug was out of town in Colorado. Kinda crazy how that all works out. I saw Mya through a microscope when she was literally 2 days old. She was just a bunch of cute cells then.
2. I am grateful for the friend that I have in Mya. I love to have mother daughter outings with her and enjoy her company just one on one. She is a wonderful person to be around.
3. I am grateful for Mya's beautiful voice! Since Mya was a child she has woken up singing. She would sing every time she went to the bathroom when she was younger and now she sings in the shower. Her dream is to be on American Idol but right now she'll settle for singing a solo in church.

Gratitude Day 21 Alexa
1. I am grateful for the Extraordinary miracle of Alexa! Alexa came to us after 5 invitros. One with Dr. Andrews and Dr. Richards, one with Dr. Ringler in LA, one with Dr. Blauer, one with Dr. Bryner and Dr. Richards and the final one with Dr. Blauer again. You could say that we went with the idea of never give up never surrender. Just at the time we were about to surrender was when our little Alexa became a reality. I too was able to see Alexa when she was at cellular level. At the final procedure we asked our doctor if the two embryos that we had chosen where going to be smart kids and he said he didn't know about that but that they were good looking. And Alexa is, she is a very cute little girl.
2. I am grateful for Alexa's loving face. Alexa will look at you with such love and a beautiful smile when you smile down at her in the morning when you go to get her. Seeing a face like that at the start of your day is so wonderful.
3. I am grateful that Alexa is a fast bottle feeder. At the 10pm feeding Doug and I are always running to be the one to get Alexa so we can get to our beds quicker. Oh, thank you Alexa for being so fast!

Gratitude Day 22
1. I am grateful for the extraordinary miracle of Preston! At the ultrasound where we find out what we are having I'll say we were glad to have whatever, but I think secretly Doug and I both wanted at least one boy. We saw Alexa first and then Preston and we were soooo excited. We had the name Preston picked out for about 15 years and were glad to finally have him.
2. I am grateful for Preston's playful personality. There have been nights at 4am when Preston's making noise and you go in to quiet him down and he looks up at you with the biggest grin and starts moving around as if to say, "hey, I'm glad you came, let's play!" It's hard not to give in.
3. I am grateful that Preston can just sit and chill. He is quite mellow and so fun. I can't wait to hear his first words.

No comments: