Thursday, November 13, 2008

Gratitude Day 5

1. I am grateful for the book Baby Wise and the Baby Wise blog site that I visit frequently. The twins started on the feeding program that they outline in this book on day one. The NICU had them on a three hour feeding schedule and that is exactly what baby wise does. You feed your child have awake time and them put them to sleep. There's a little bit more to it, but in general it gets there metabolism set and somehow, I'm not sure how it works exactly, but they start sleeping through the night. At 3 months the twins were sleeping through the night! I love, love love that I can sleep from 11pm to 7am!

2. I am grateful for airplanes. Airplanes have taken our family on some amazing vacations. From Thailand to Spain to Florida to Costa Rica and more. They are also frequently the mode of transportation that Doug uses for work.

3. I am grateful for prayer. Frequently it is people who are not members of my faith that remind me of the power of prayer. Just the other day on a web site that I frequent the financial advisor gave three steps to change the Nation's future, the first step: pray for our leaders to resist a spirit of FEAR and embrase WISDOM. That is some good advice!

No comments: